Etna in 4×4 and Quad
The power and romanticism of Etna, the highest active volcano in Europe (3.323 m) has attracted the attention of travelers, artists, poets and philosophers for centuries. One of the best ways to discover Mount Etna is with one of our daily 4×4 and Quad private excursions.
One of the best ways to discover Mount Etna is with one of our daily 4×4 and Quad private excursions.
A tour on Etna is already a fabulous experience in itself, but a Land Rover will make everything even more special by taking you far enough from the beaten tracks to see some fascinating aspects of this great volcano that the ordinary tourist will never see. Another exciting aspect of this day will be the driving of a Quad in an environment of such impervious and primordial nature. All of this is enhanced thanks to the explanations of our guides, all certified volcanologists and geologists.
• Departure from your villa located in the Etna area *
• Arrival in s. Venerina / Milo
• Passage through a lava stone quarry
• Off road in Pietra Cannone, climb up Monte Fontane and panoramic view over Valle del Bove
• Trekking to the Sartorius Mountains
• Panoramic view from the Citelli refuge
• Off road with passages through the woods to admire the old “Mareneve” road
• Stop at the Provenzana plain to admire the lava flow of the 2002 eruption
• Quad excursion lasting about an hour **
• Visit to a lava cave
• Off road on the lava front up to the final part of the 2002 lava flow
• Lunch in a local winery with tasting of typical products and wines.
• Return to the villa
* possibility of different pick-up and / or private transfers from other locations, on request, at extra charge.
** the starting point of the excursion can change depending on the operational needs.
Any additional excursions, in supplement:
– Ride in HELICOPTER at high altitude (up to 3500 m) of about 20 minutes, (maximum 6 participants)
The price includes
– Direct departure from the villas located in the Etna area;
– Land Rover 4×4, private;
– Quad excursion lasting about one hour;
– Lunch at the winery, as scheduled.
The fee does not include
– Personal extras;
– Everything not included in the “fee includes”.
N.B. Excursions on Etna last around 8.30 to 16.30 and you can reach an altitude of about 2,000 meters.
The routes depend on the climatic conditions / volcanic activity and are subject to change even at the last minute.
Clothing: to get the most out of your day on the volcano, it is advisable to wear sneakers or better yet, boots suitable for rough terrain (not to wear flip-flops or sandals). It is also suggested to wear a windbreaker and a sweater when climbing to a certain altitude, since even in summer the temperature can be low. It can also be useful for carrying a backpack.