The best of Etna in 4×4
The power and romanticism of Etna, the highest active volcano in Europe (3.323 m) has attracted the attention of travelers, artists, poets and philosophers for centuries. One of the best ways to discover Etna is with one of our 4 × 4 private day trips, but with a high-altitude helicopter ride, it will become unforgettable!
One of the best ways to discover Etna is with one of our 4 × 4 private day trips and by helicopter.
Volcanologists and expert geologists will guide you on the less traveled routes on a Land Rover, it will be an unforgettable experience! Moreover, the panoramic helicopter ride will be the most exciting moment of your tour.
• Departure from your villa located in the Etna area
• Arrival in s. Venerina / Milo
• Passage through a lava stone quarry
• Off road in Pietra Cannone, climb up Monte Fontane and panoramic view over Valle del Bove
• Trekking to the Sartorius Mountains
• Panoramic view from the Citelli refuge
• Off road with passages through the woods to admire the old “Mareneve” road
• Stop at the Provenzana plain to admire the lava flow of the 2002 eruption
• High-altitude helicopter excursion
• Visit to a lava cave
• Off road on the lava front up to the final part of the 2002 lava flow
• Lunch in a local winery with tasting of typical products and wines.
• Return to the villa
The price includes:
– Direct departure from the villas located in the Etna area;
– Land Rover 4 × 4, private;
– Helicopter excursion lasting 20 minutes, maximum 5 participants;
– Lunch at the winery.
The price does not include:
– Personal extras;
– Everything not included in “the price includes”
On request: possibility of different pick-up and / or private transfers from other locations. Contact us for a personalized quote to email@example.com.
The starting point of the helicopter excursion may vary according to the tour operation.
N.B. Excursions on Etna last about 8.30 to 16.30 and you can reach an altitude of about 2.000 meters.
The routes depend on the climatic conditions / volcanic activity and are subject to change even at the last minute.
Clothing: it is advisable to wear sneakers or trekking boots. We also suggest wearing a windbreaker. It can also be useful for carrying a backpack.